Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gearing up for Disney!

It's an everyday question now..."Is it summer? Are we going to see Mickey?" The boys are so excited about going to Mickey's house this summer! They come up with some very interesting questions: "Does Mickey have hands to open his door with?" "Does Nemo live underwater? Will we go underwater to see Nemo?" "Will we get to ride in Mickey's car? I want to 'cause it's red!"

Anyway, in the spirit of saving money, and because I like to find solutions to problems/do things/make things myself, I've decided to take on a few projects for our upcoming trip. I am making the boys an autograph/memory book (one each); let's just say that buying one would have been easier! I'm also going to make them Disney shirts to wear to the parks (two each; thanks to Gammie for buying them one each = 1 shirt each for each day at Disney!). Oh, and their umbrella strollers...I'm gonna make a "pillow" piece to attach to the top (because their heads hang off...yes, they're too big, but I'm not carrying two 3 yr olds around Disney when they get tired!). The final project is one that Granny is taking on: making Disney pillow cases for the trip (she's very good at these, and the boys look forward to picking out their pillow cases each time I change their sheets!). And, I have just a few short weeks to get all this done in! I think I need to get busy!

The next couple of days I will be posting pics from the past couple of months...including Easter, and our pictures from the wild flower field!

No comments: