Friday, June 11, 2010

M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E!

I can't believe that it's just right around the corner! I have everything ready, and with little time to spare! The boys are SO EXCITED! Every night we mark a day off our Mickey Countdown, and count how many days are left. They dance and cheer and squeal...it's absolutely adorable! I can't wait to experience Disney through the eyes of my boys!

Here are some of the projects that I worked on for our trip:


First, the Mickey countdown! If you look closely you can see where Elijah marked off some days (actually made an X)...when we went to count the days that night, he quickly corrected me when I counted the days he had marked off.




Their autograph/memory books. I found everything on sale/clearance...thank goodness, because my attempt to make covers failed miserably!




These are their disney shirts. The ones on top are the ones I made, and the ones at the bottom are the ones that Aunt Kelli and Gammie bought for them.



A close-up of their "Mickey and the Gang" shirts.



A close-up of their "safari" shirts that they're going to wear to Animal Kingdom.




The pillow for their strollers. Yes, there are two, but I only took a picture of one...the better one! :) I was rather pleased with how they turned out, even though there was a learning curve with the first one.




And, finally, our Mickey suckers made out of white chocolate. The boys really enjoyed making these, and can't wait to try one. I told them they had to wait until we got to Mickey's place.



A close-up of one of the suckers.


I'll try to post while we're there, but I can't make any guarantees!

No comments: